Leak from my rear wheel hub 92 Z71

When parking I see drain spot by my back left tire. What needs replacing? A main seal or what is it called? and how much to fix my 92 350 Z71? I been putting brake fluid in pretty regularly. Thanks

Reply to
Fatdaddys

========= ========= just keep adding the brake fluid.....it's cheap enough.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sticks his hand in the boiling water......and wonders why it hurts~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Reply to
Shep

If it is leaking in the wheel cylinder it is not good because lining are likely soaked and not working well. It could be cause by a stuck brake adjuster that has allowed wheel cylinder to over extend.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

====== ======

lol

~:~ mm ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Shep so I'm going to pull the wheel off and look at a leak? If I knew the parts of the rear brake and what leaks and what causes a leak I would not ask the question. Hell I don't know what Im looking at?? I thought there were prob 1 or 2 reason why it is leaking and some would know where and why. And about how much to fix. I have been just adding fluid but now its leaking on my newly poured pea gravel drive way and now I have my wife on my azz. Now to get er off my azz I got to get it fixed.

Reply to
Fatdaddys

Reply to
Shep

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

=========== ===========

If you don't have enough sense to relate adding brake fluid all the time and fluid coming from the rear wheel area.......

then you don't have enough sense to help us help you.

go to a shop and a get a free inspection. best advice you're gonna get.

want a guess.....?? only a guess..???

You ran over a reeeeelly big arse racoon in the road.....he got tangled up in the rear wheel....wrapped around it and slapped the sheet out of the brake line fer a couple 20 miles or so, utill he went flying out. In the insueing madness the racoon, in a frantic effort to end his torment, grasped at the bleeder screw on the wheel cylinder, while clamouring to end his rotational nightmare he loosened the bleeder......got fluid in his eye....lost his grip while attempting to clense his lense.......and off into the night he flew.

now.... you need to retighten the bleeder screw and all well be well.

a guess...... only a guess....... in case of a real diagnostic need........

get a free inspection.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a pull off his homegrown~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Hey Ass Whip, dipstick This is how this works, if your not a mechanic, you find out what the problem is. What it takes to fix it and about how much. You next take it to a shop You get from the shop guy his version on what it is and what it takes to make the repair. And about what price range. This way you know going in what it is and what it takes to fix something. You get back a we got to change the real hub assembly, put new brakes, change the domahicky yang yang. You know somebody is pulling your chain. Monster you handle you business your way and I will my way. You have to be smart with you money and know before you get something done

Snowman thanks for the input on this. I appreciate your help

Reply to
Fatdaddys

Those things plus the wheel cyl *on both sides* is a very real possibility. But since you are too lazy to take a look, all you can expect from us is pure speculation.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

"> Those things plus the wheel cyl *on both sides* is a very real possibility.

Very Real Indeed as you can relate to realm of repairs as you know it. Hey no kidding guys thanks for the input on my repairs. I don't come in as a know it all. Just a guy looking for information. Let's nip this one off and move on. Thanks

Reply to
Fatdaddys

I love ya man

Reply to
Fatdaddys

yeah, well that's a little more info than I needed.

I felt more comfortable with the name calling.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a slug of bourban, lights a cigar, spits on the floor, scratch's his ass..... then eats his shot glass......cuz it seemed the manly thing to do~

Reply to
Marsh Monster