Leak still occuring

A while back I had posted about an antifreeze leak. Turned out to be the water pump and that was replaced. Now there is another leak and I nor the mechanic can seem to figure out where it is coming from. The mechanic looked
and said he didn't see any staining near the water pump and the hoses looked to be okay. I am losing about a gallon every 2 weeks or so. Looks to be getting progressively faster. Not sure what else to do. I need/want to get this resolved. This is on a '85 K5 Blazer with a 6.2L diesel. Thanks for any and all help. Hope to get this resolved soon.
I take it the oil isn't showing the signs of being milky since you have had it at the mech. check the radiator over and the heater hoses. I know water in a diesel motor is not a good thing but have you seen more steam from the exhaust lately or is it still the same ol smoky 6.2?

looked
looked
any
The oil is fine and no smoke either. Seems to be coming from the bottom somewhere, but can not pinpoint it.

the
get
Have you pressure tested the radiator cap lately. If it's not holding pressure then there would be no obvious leak as the cap would permit steam to escape.
It is coming from the bottom and seems to only do it when the truck is parked overnight in front of the house. Doesn't make a lot of sense actually, but I need to figure this out. Thanks.

Check your overflow bottle for cracks. You can lose alot of fluid from those damm things.
Robert Marshall
Mark G. wrote:

Like I had said, it seems to be coming front the center, mid or lower of the engine area. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

safely raise the Blazer high enough to get under it, then look at the drivers side rear of the engine and exhaust. if you see a green dried deposit or wet deposit, you have a intake manifold gasket set to replace. with your symptoms, Thats what I would check. I would check some of the previous posts that spell out in detail how to do this. yep, It had to be done on mine too at 90000. takes about a day to get it done right.
good luck!
Bruce

I just rememberd in my old 83 Suburban I had a 6.2 and the freeze plug on the back of the engine had to be replaced. Check those freeze plugs.
Robert Marshall