leaking oil filter adaptor

Page 2 of 2
PITA--------->Tell me about it!!!....
Forgot about needing to drop the starter and the front drive shaft to get the bell housing off just to get near it

Kinda glad mine was much easier... Just had to take out 2 bolts. 91 K1500. Still a PITA, but only an hour or so.

My truck was still leaking today. I cannot find where it's leaking from. Appears to be just ahead of the oil connection on the block. The lines are clean, the oil pan is clean.
once you drive it, oil is everywhere. Not sure what the heck is going on.
LS

Oh S**T
Perhaps the gasket is FUBARed?
Suggest 4 jackstands and to run it in place after washing everything clean with carb cleaner
I wonder if there is a pinhole in one of the metal portions of the lines. That is where it seems to drip from. Argh!!
Lannie

Aw Crap!
Mine was oozing oil at one of the upper crimps on the hose a few weeks ago. Got a used set of hoses from a later model (self-serve junkyard 20 bucks)..working great now
Needed to pull the side engine mount thru bolt, jack up the engine a bit, pull the radiator shroud, and move the PS pump hoses to do it. Wobble sockets and a long extention helps too..Ken

'O'
installed
Pain in the arse, but just enough room...