Leaky rear window, 2000 Silverado... help

Just had a gulley-washer down here in Mississippi (that's a hard rain for you non-southern speakers).

When I got back to my truck, I noticed that the upper corners in the back of the extended cab were wet, right up by the top corners of the rear glass.

It wasn't that wet, and the rain was really long and really hard, but I definitely want to get it fixed. Of course I'm 2000 miles out of my warranty, so I'm stuck.

Is this a common problem (TSB perhaps)? Is there a good fix? I was thinking about running some black caulk or even silicone along the top of the glass on the outside.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
~~AAJakeleg

Leaky rear window, 2000 Silverado... help Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Oct 26, 2003, 12:37am (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@no.no (~~AAJakeleg) Just had a gulley-washer down here in Mississippi (that's a hard rain for you non-southern speakers). When I got back to my truck, I noticed that the upper corners in the back of the extended cab were wet, right up by the top corners of the rear glass. It wasn't that wet, and the rain was really long and really hard, but I definitely want to get it fixed. Of course I'm 2000 miles out of my warranty, so I'm stuck. Is this a common problem (TSB perhaps)? Is there a good fix? I was thinking about running some black caulk or even silicone along the top of the glass on the outside. Any help greatly appreciated.

Just need to have the window resealed.... yes this is common....no tsb,s Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

. . . snipped-for-privacy@no.no (~~AAJakeleg) wrote......

Just had a gulley-washer down here in Mississippi (that's a hard rain for you non-southern speakers).

================

Rain'n cats-n-dogs?

Uh real frog strangler out there...aye??

on to the leak.....

Call a windshield installation company..... you should be able to get it done for around $15 to $20.

let us know how it goes.

marshmonster ~:~I'm gonna pack my bags, I'ma leav'n town.. find me somewhere now to settle down.... it's two feet high and rise'n~:~

music curtesy of.... the late great "Man in Black"

"How high is the water momma?" =============================

Reply to
Marsh Monster