lengthening O2 sensor wire

Now that I have headers installed in my 1990 K1500 350, the O2 sensor is about 5 inches farther away from its connector. Can I just splice a wire in to lengthen it?
Thanks for all the tips so far in this installation process! Tim
yes
use a crimp connector with the proper criming tool, then heat-shrink, or else solder it and tape it well
a little moisture in there will cause all kinds of problems

Thanks for the info! Tim