Lift blocks on the front axle

Hi All,
I am shopping for a new (old) 4x4 Chevy. The 4 that I have seen already have all had blocks front and rear to provide the lift. My understanding is that this is not a safe situation but I cannot
remember why exactly.
One guy even told me that this truck went through two Safety Checks for licensing and passed with those blocks in there (6" blocks and 4" body lift).
I live in North Western Ontario and maybe they do not know much about this around here. -- Best Regards Gordie
He is real STUPID and very lucky. The reason you don't put blocks in the front is because it is real easy for them to fail due to the stress of steering and braking on the front axle. Think what happens if a 6" block comes out from between the axle and the springs???
--
Steve