locating starter and alternater on a 98 s-10 blazer

Iam having problems with getting it started checked my battery and its good my next options would be starter and altenator but cant find PLZZ HELP

Reply to
juanb

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Shep

For sure that's good advice. The poster doesns't give any information that would help such as whether it turns over at all, clicks, or turns slowly. Just based on age though, if it has near 100K miles, the starter could well be dead from either the solenoid or worn brushes. If he could find the starter and tap on it with a hammer or chunck of wood and it started, that would pretty well convict the starter. If it has that high mileage, I'd change it on general principles anyway. And how does this poster know the battery is good? He checked it. Does that mean that the top is clean? Did he measure the voltage under load. Don't you get tired of listening to calls for help when people won't help themselves?

Reply to
Al Bundy

Reply to
Shep

No wonder it won't start, someone stole the alt and starter! :)

Reply to
Shoe Salesman