lock motors in a 99 tahoe

hello everybody
i have a 99 tahoe 4dr (power door locks)and the front 2 door locks don't always lock. the switches on the inside move slightly, but not enough to
lock and unlock. i do it by hand. i had the left side door panel off already to pop a dent out and it was easy to get off, now, how's the setup for the locks? is there 4 motors (one for each door)? the back 2 are ok, but the barn doors lock sticks too, just there's no external switch. anyone ever replace the motor(s)? thanks for your time.
ed

I'd try lubricating the lock-rod tracks and lock-slide first. Use a little 3-in-1 or something and put a drop of oil in each rod track (the lock rods travel from the motor to the lock and are held in to place at several points where they "snap" into a track. I would also lube the lock slide (push button thingie you use to manually lock them) track from the inside. See if that helps before you replace the motors ($$$+PITA).
Doc

lock motors in a 99 tahoe Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Jan 3, 2004, 9:11am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@yourmom.com (Ed) hello everybody i have a 99 tahoe 4dr (power door locks)and the front 2 door locks don't always lock. the switches on the inside move slightly, but not enough to lock and unlock. i do it by hand. i had the left side door panel off already to pop a dent out and it was easy to get off, now, how's the setup for the locks? is there 4 motors (one for each door)? the back 2 are ok, but the barn doors lock sticks too, just there's no external switch. anyone ever replace the motor(s)? thanks for your time. ed
Do all the lock buttons stick like that? Take the wire off the switch...Used a test light ground the light to something you should be able to manually lock like this.By touching the testlight to one of the leads...There are 4 but they are actuators not really motors...As far as the barndoors the latches on them stick all the time as doc said try lubing it before replacing it usually works....Do you have a remote?Does that lock the doors? If you do and it does you dont need actuatores just new switches...Which are alot cheaper.... Steve C
i'm gonna give it a go with the oil first, (thanks doc)
only the front doors and the barn doors stick. the rear doors work great every time. it happens with both the power switch on the door and the remote.
on another note, any comments about a 2001 chevy venture? my wife and i are considering one. we're gonna trade in a 2001 impala. it's a good car, but with a new baby, there's no room after the car seat goes in. let me know if you guys know anything about the pros and cons with ventures
replace the actuators