Looking for 4x4 pickup

Hi,
I am in Golden, CO and thinking about buying a 4x4 pickup. Might like turbo diesel, but they may be too expensive. Want it for a camper for hunting, snowmobiling, etc.
I definitely want a manual transmission and fuel injection. 94 and newer. Probably 3/4 ton. Probably not dual wheels on rear.
What kind of power and gas mileage can I expect at 7,000 to 11,000 feet elevation?
What to watch out for?
What years to look for or stay away from?
So far I have owned mostly SAAB 900 turbos and Jeep Cherokees.
Thanks in advance,
Charles.