Losers who have ...

nothing better to do than sit on forums dissing people they're never going to see. Pretty dickless guys

Reply to
saucytony

I am quite sure that you are refering to those that have/are bagging on Snoman.

A little advice to you, especially you have stated that you know very little about this type of stuff, do some research on the man you are defending. In doing so, you will find that in more replies than not, he has posted information to users that is flat out wrong and in many cases dangerous to the point that had anyone actually followed it would have ended with VERY bad results.

In you search make sure in look in here, in alt.autos.dodge.trucks and a few others like the jeep groups.

Reply to
azwiley1

I could care less about snowman or anybody else in this forum. It was the insult directed at me that I responded to. Thanks for the warning. Any adviice you have that will prevent this from happening to me I will gladly take.

Reply to
saucytony

Just one note to add... This isn't a "forum", it is a "newsgroup". An unmoderated one which is why Snoball post here so often. An actual forum I found his profile in had banned him in less than 30 days and he had over 900 post. So yeah be careful of the advice you get here because no one can stop it unfortunately...

----------------------------------- :::::::::Snojob Follies::::::::: SBJ: Dumb brake question

SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01

Heatwave

Crazy... thanks for the heads up.

Reply to
saucytony

on Thursday 04 October 2007 07:11 pm, someone posing as saucytony took a rock and etched into the cave:

What?

You held a mirror up to your groin and suddenly realized something was missing?

Pics, please!

Reply to
PerfectReign

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:25:15 -0400, "saucytony" wrote in :

If you plan to hang out in the newsgroups very long then you might want to thicken up your skin a bit. Realize that insults are either the result of an honest misunderstanding or just some dumb clod hiding behind a keyboard. Resolve the former and ignore the latter.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

You want pics... of that... hmmm...

Reply to
First Last

My skin's fine... and what I meant by advice was corrections to any of the info I've collected, not how to tolerate losers in "news groups". By the way, the people that made the site seem to think it's a forum as well... maybe I wasn't so far off after all.

Reply to
saucytony

on Friday 05 October 2007 08:43 am, someone posing as First Last took a rock and etched into the cave:

Hey, a guy can be curious. You don't see this sort of thing every day.

Reply to
PerfectReign

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:44:58 -0400, "saucytony" wrote in :

Sorry, I didn't know of any other way it could have been interpreted.

As for your timing, I wouldn't mess with it unless you know what you are doing. Set it to spec. If you advance it you might get a couple extra horses but at the risk of pre-ignition -- REGARDLESS of what octane fuel you use. If your computer detects pre-ignition then your timing will automatically retard, which defeats the whole purpose of advancing it. If it continues for any length of time then your SES (Service Engine Soon) light will come on and your rod bearings are going to take a pounding. Not worth the risk.

I think some people incorrectly assume that the word "forum" implies a web forum.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

But there has to be a safe way to make it faster...proper engine upgrades possibly?

Reply to
saucytony

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:42:20 -0400, "saucytony" wrote in :

It's a computerized engine; you can't make any -significant- changes without changing the computer. If you want to make significant changes and you don't know how to do it yourself, then you better be prepared to pay as much, if not more, than it would cost to buy a truck with a bigger engine.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

Is it really that much money? Would I be better off dropping a bigger engine in? I really like the body style and a lot of other things about this specific truck.

Reply to
saucytony

As I recall, when I had my 97 Dodge Ram 5.2, the Moprr performance computer cost me about 400 bucks and the peformance gains were not worth the money, plus I had to you premium fuel.

You can get slight HP gains, with a good cold air intake and exhaust system. You may be able to buy a reprogramed chip or use a power programmer. But as Frank indicated, if you are looking for something more than a few ponies, you would be better suited to buy a vehicle for the purpose you intend to use it for.

Reply to
azwiley1

Please stick to one thread when talking about the same truck, what ever it was? Use a little more discription in titles and retain some of what you are replying to. (I thought this was a Hewlett Packard thread.)

Just to add, never install a air filter that must be 'oiled' on a vehicle with a MAF sensor. (typical with most cold air intakes...) The MAF becomes contaminated with oil and performance is lost.

Reply to
Heatwave

Sorry man, I know this isn't the norm, but I will disagree with you here, but only a TINY bit.

I run an oil wetted filter on my Sivy and have no problems with the MAF. Now, I say this because I oil it properly (VERY LIGHTLY), let it soak in, than blot off any excess. Those that do not take the time or care and thoe that soak it in 90W than just slap it on are the ones that have problems.

Reply to
azwiley1

I'm not saying it happens over night. The MAF will show its problems better on a oscope over time than behind the wheel. I'd like to see how many K&N's allow more CFM to a stock engine that likely doesn't demand more air than a quarter dirty OEM filter provides. JMHO

Reply to
Heatwave

Well now see we are talking a whole different animal when you start talking about K&N. I will agree with you until the cows come home that they are all hype and pure bullshit. I run an oil wetted, but NOT a K&N. The only thing I would ever use one of those for is a door stop.

I am sure that at some point, even with a properly maintained filter I may have a MAF problem, but when that happens, I would (hopefully) not have the truck anymore, and if I do, I will buy a can of MAF cleaner and go from there.

Reply to
azwiley1

I had a loaded '94 K1500 Suburban with the 210HP TBI 350....Z71 3.73 limited slip. Got it new. Loved it, but the mileage, power and torque were fairly uninspiring. I bought a Hypertech chip, set the timing 2-3 degrees advanced, went with a K&N low restriction air filter (your truck and my '94 are both the same 350 TBI engine and don't have a MAF sensor) and I can tell you the performance gains, although real, were not great. Not really worth the time, money or effort. The type of computer your '95 has is not the reprogrammable kind, where you can modify and play with settings. It has a PROM, and to modify settings, you buy another PROM chip that snaps between it and the connector. The K&N didn't seem to make any difference. I suspect most of the difference was the 2-3 degree advance on iginition timing. I wound up setting the thing back to stock and selling the chip on eBay, because I refused to feed the beast premium fuel over the long haul for such a minimal gain. I guess I could have gone with bigger aftermarket TBI units, and exhaust mods as well, but again, it's a 5000lb truck, and mileage would have been even worse. The K&N stayed on it for life, and when I sold it at

168,000 miles it's oil consumption and reliability was as good as day one. K&N didn't have the rep it does now back in mid '90's....FWIW
Reply to
Augustus