loss of pick-up

I own a 2000 S-10 pick-up with a 4.3 liter Vortec engine. I experiencing a loss of pick-up when I step on the gas. I have changed all 6 fuel injectors, all 3 O2 sensors and had a tune-up. This does not happen all the time but more often that not. I also get a foul smell from the engine and my check engine light comes on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be. I am at wits end.

Reply to
Rafterman

Shep

I have also change the EGR valve as well as the plugs, wires, cap, & roter.

This all started after i used a bottle of fuel injector cleaner

Reply to
Rafterman

I will submitt the codes asap

Reply to
Rafterman

Check if the cat coverter is clogged.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

U probably trashed the O2 sensor with the cleaner, remove n replace and the fuel mixture should correct itself.

Reply to
lightlady

The code I get all the time is P1153. I also got PO154, PO174 and PO300. I have changed all 6 fuel injectors, all three O2 sensors, a complete tune up and the EGR valve and the cars still runs like garbage. Any sugestions? Thanks

Reply to
Rafterman

Have you looked for any restrictions in the exhaust? Plugged cat, crushed pipe, etc?

Brian

Reply to
Brian