Low Fuel Light

2004 GMC 2500 HD extended cab 6.0 26 gallon tank. I was wondering how many gallons are left when the low fuel light comes on.I checked the owners manual,and didn`t see anything. Maybe I`m blind.

i have a 1500 with 5.3, when mine comes on, it says i have a range of about 60 miles, last time mine came on, it took riughly 22 gallons, i have the 26 gallon tank too. if you have the trip mess on yours, scroll through it, mine tells me gallons used, and such.
Mine doesn`t say how many gallons used.I must have the low budget SLE!
I have a 2004 Z71 with the same engine and when mine comes on initially it says 30 miles remain, but shortly thereafter it switches to "low fuel" and never gives me a running update. That's when I start hoping there's a gas station nearby. So far, Sierra Red hasn't stranded me, but there's always a first time!

This can vary... but my guess would be 2-3 gallons of fule left
-- Mar
----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mark's Profile: http://www.automotivenewsgroups.com/member.php?useridView this thread: http://www.automotivenewsgroups.com/showthread.php?t 217