Low Range problem...advice needed

Here's something new with my '04 Z71 Avalanche: The Autotrac won't go into Low Range....Auto 4 works, 4 Hi works. Push the 4 Lo button, it flashes for
20-30 sec and goes back to 4 Hi. Tried it moving slowly and stationary in park.....am I missing something? Temp here has been about 15F (-10C) but the transfer case is fully warmed up when trying this. This is my first experience with electronic 4WD engagement.

Love that push button 4x4 drive, it should have never been made. Try shifting it when coasting at about 3 to 5 MPH with engine idling in neutral. Park will rarely work. There is a encoder motor that switch ist and if it will not engage (it takes to much force) it will return to 4wd hi. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Thanks man, appreciate that. Will try out today at some point.

also recommend speeds around 3 mph or lower when shifting to low range.
Ron

Thanks....will try that