Low startup oil pressure after new intake manifold gasket

Since a mechanic put in a new intake manifold gasket on my 1993 Chevy S-10, 4.3L, vin code Z, when I start the truck in the morning it sounds as if I just changed the oil: it rattles for a few seconds then sounds
normal. Any ideas about what could cause this?
Thank you!

Not satisfied with the answers you got in your other thread? You could hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and see what your pressure is really doing. Then plan on getting a different engine.
Dave
Sorry for the second thread, Dave. I was hoping for something definitive and easily provable that I could use to persuade the dealer to give me a replacement engine, free of charge, and I thought that I might get additional ideas from people who read the most recent threads on the weekends.
Also, though: Thank you very much for your replies :)
As you say, I'll be getting another engine -- it's just a matter of how much I'll have to pay for it.

If you have the money, you can *buy* an expert to testify to anything that you wish. Realistically though, it'd be much cheaper to accept the halfsies offer of the dealer. I know it rankles, but other options will cost money and you still may not be able to make a case. Try talking to the general manager and tell him that other tech's have told you that it sounds like a Roloc disc was used to remove the old gaskets and this is the usual result. He may make you a better offer. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Dave
Why would anyone use some kinda power tool to get the old gaskets off? It should be done by hand,and should only take about 30 minutes. That`s how I`ve always done it and never had a problem.

Because it's faster and easier and faster means more $$.

Yeah, me too, but I've never had to race a clock while doing that kind of work.
Dave

Noisy lifters can occur with lots of oil pressure, so engine noise doesn't always equate low oil pressure. You need an exact reading to post here.
Doc