Made the switch to Mobil 1

Page 2 of 2
Have '99 Yukon and just switched front and rear to synthetic this weekend. Where is the vent for the front diff. George? I should probably examine mine. I asked a GM Mech. and he never did answer me.

I'm sorry - I got that info from a good source in here. I used standard gear lube like it calls for. I did look for a plastic vent cap while I was under there, and I didn't see it either. So. . . . . I was glad to be using the factory recommendation (At least in this case) .

"George" wrote

Here is a picture, George. It's a bit difficult to see, but if you look at the top of the picture, middle (slightly to the left) you can see the vent partially. This will give you an idea of where to look on your own truck. There is also a small vent hose going to the vent itself, which would help in locating it.
http://www3.telus.net/public/ianrmac/Images/DSC00835.JPG
Ian
Thanks, Ian - I'll take a look again the next time I'm under it. .