Main seal leak on 2002 2500 4x4?

folks, is it possible that it's my main seal that leaves one drop of oil on my drive way everytime I park? I hear its a bout a $900 job to fix..is this normal for a 6.0 with 78K..

Did a mechanic tell you this was the issue? If so, and you don't trust this particular individual (you obviously don't) bring it to another shop.
get under there, wipe it down, put a piece of cardboard under the suspected area and check it in the morning. seems a bit early to have a main seal leak unless there was a defect from the factory. do you park on a steep hill?
yeah, that's what he said it "looked like". The service guy at the Chevy delaer said it wasn't normal but if that's what it is for the cost, he recommended leaving it alone, unless I didnt like the drops on my driveway. All I can see is a small accumulation coming off the skid plate...1 drop at time. If I park facing down on the small incline of my driveway it doesnt drop, facing up it does (live in Florida, so very small incline)