Maintenance suggestion request

Hi All,
Next week my 91 suburban will be going to the mechanic to change the intake manifold gasket. Is there anything else they should be when they
have the engine open??? I was going to have them check the stretch of the timing chain, wear on the distributor, relash the valves, change the thermostat and housing gasket and new TBI gasket (since the fuel lines are disconnected). The engine has 150k on it and I want it to last another 100k. The engine does not burn a drop of oil and still runs as it did when it was new. Thanks for the suggestions...
mark
r_d wrote:

Valves are hydraulic so they do not need to be relashed. TBI gasket is a good idea and maybe Tstat too. To visually inspect chain requires additional tear down and if you do, you should change the chain while it is apart. Do not use GM gaskets, use FelPro
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

that rear seal is a one piece. That may run into some major cash at the shop. Engine or tranny has to be moved back to replace it.One piece rear was a MAJOR improvement but with 150K you probably have wear on the crank at the seal surface, kinda like the wear at the harmonic balancer seal surface. Not sure if they make a sleeve or if the crank seal surface will need to be turned. Might want to leave it alone if its not leaking. Just my opionion. "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

Are you sure about the 1pc seal in '91? I thought it was mid '90's... I could be wrong, it happens once in a great while.
lol

I think they started in 87 or 88. Defianatly by89 "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

David Johnson wrote:

    Try 1986/1987 Production year. Hence the term 1986 & up Roller Cam Block.
Charles
I know the engine in my '88 was 2pc, and I have an engine out of a '90 that I am pretty sure is 2pc(I will check tomorrow).

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate your help.
mark