makeing my 2WD look like a 4WD

i have a 98 s-10, but it is a long bed. i want to put a lift on it and maybe some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the
cheapest way?

maybe some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the cheapest way?

Save ya up a little bit o'green, take urself downto the local 'flybynight' car dealer, and trade it in......
JC

maybe some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the cheapest way?

33's on an S-10....... *scratches head*
Adair
Buy a 4x4 '98 1500 Silverado.
~KJ~

maybe some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the cheapest way?

Since you asked, I think it sounds goofy.
Snowman

maybe some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the cheapest way?

maybe some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the cheapest way?

Why not go the red-neck route and head down to your local ACE hardware and buy the following:
1) 4ea. 4's 2) 2ea x's
Apply and enjoy.
db
pry off a couple of 4X4 plastic decals from a real one, then glue them on the S-10
To complete the illusion, buy some real S-10 4X4 rims
mavrick wrote:

some 33's, do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so, do ya'll know the cheapest way?
RCD makes a great lift for the two wheel drive S10's. (Called pre-runners). I think they look awesome, especially after you get one of those pre-runner bars and a skid plate up front.
32's fit easy on the ZR2 models with anything over a 3" lift. 33's require some modding to the fender flare and rearmost edge of the front bumper, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if that would be an issue on the non ZR2 models.
Wheel backspacing will be very important to get the 33's to fit. I think you'll want to stick with 5.5", if I remember correctly. I had a set of custom built chromed rockcrawlers for my old ZR2. Again, I'm not sure how the non ZR2 models will do. You might be able to run a 4.5" backspacing seeing as those models don't have the wide track in the front end.
I've heard a number of people say that a 2wd with a locker, will do better than an open/open 4x4, in some circumstances.
-marc

Maybe at 60+ mph....speaking from experience, I can't count the number of times my Toy pulled my buddies Dak (4X2 with spooled rear) out of the sand. If you can keep it up, all is well.
Bomber
Why spend the money? Just buy a 4x4. Much less pain,and time.
. . makeing my 2WD look like a 4WD Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Feb 17, 2004, 9:11pm From: snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net (mavrick)
i have a 98 s-10, but it is a long bed. i want to put a lift on it and maybe some 33's,
do ya'll think that sounds resonable, if so,
do ya'll know the cheapest way? ============== sounds reasonable to me. Cheap??
4x4 blocks of wood.....that's bout as cheap as I can come up with.
not prudent....but shore is cheap.
MarshMonster ~:~