Max Stroke for 454 Crankshaft

Hi All,
I'm building a BBC to put in my Jeep. I've got a 454 block and am now considering a crankshaft. What would be the maximum stroke I could use
without being in danger of cutting into the oil galley or some other thing on the block? I understand I'll have to cut some reliefs in the bottom of the cylinder bores to get 4.25". Can I get to 4.375"? It is a Mark IV block. Casting number is: 14015445
Thanks, -Aaron Taylor
You can have a 4.5" stroke. With a .060" overbore and a 6.535" rod you'll have a 525cid. Lots of aftermarket 4.5" cranks for the 454. And some of the forged 6.535" H-rods are profiled to reduce the amount of grinding neccessary to the block. A .060"overbore with a 4.250" crank will get you 496cid. How do I know that you ask, well I am also in the process of stroking a '77 454 that I have, cause it tragically broke the stock crank. I'd also recommend that if yours is a 2bolt main that you stud the main caps instead of bolt it.