Mercedes diesel engines

Hi all,

I was at an RV show a couple of weeks ago and saw a Dodge van/camper conversion.

The interesting thing was that it had a 1.8L 4cyl mercedes diesel engine in it and it was claimed the van got 30+ mpg.

I'm sorry I didn't take a brochure. Anybody hear anything about these diesel engines? I tried googling but was overwhelmed by unrelated fluff.

I'd love to see such a beast replace my guzzling 6LV8!

Reply to
Smelly Belly

Those truck chassis are made by Freightliner. Fed-Ex uses them for local deliveries. Freightliner is owned by Chrysler-Daimler thus the Dodge connection. It's a sweet looking rig. but the price for a long wheel base/high top model is almost 40 grand b4 a conversion. JR

Reply to
JR