message count

Here's a dumb one. At the bottom of my screen, it says there are 17 messages. There are none. How do I reset the counter and get it back to zero?

Hello George,
Select all the messages (select one, press <Ctrl> <A>), right-click, then select "Mark as Read."
If that does not do what you want, right-click on the newsgroup folder (e.g., alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks) and select "Catch Up."
Good luck, Franko

Hey Franko - I didn't have a message to highlight. The counter said 17 but there weren't any. I lost this thread awhile ago because I did the reset and deleted and a few other things. After I reset the list, I had about 5500 messages. Select all, delete and still had 17 on the counter. It worked when I unsubscribed, closed OE then resubscribed. It wasn't that big a deal, but I couldn't figure it out. Its fixed now, though. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hello George,
Yup, I used to do that, too (until I found the "Catch Up" feature when right-clicking on a newsgroup). You're welcome.
Franko