mirror wiring

I have a 2002 Silverado. After breaking my mirror ,just the glass, I discovered I have a couple of extra electrical connections inside the housing besides the remote control wiring. I am guessing these are for turn signal and mirror defrost. What would I need to add to make this work? The new replacement mirror is two way with everything but an arrow masked off from the back side. I was thinking about putting a 5 watt 47 ohm resistor in for a heating element and an LED brake light for the turn signal unless I can find out what are the factory parts.

Where would the defrost switch be located.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

The factory heated glass is a metalized film item, very low resistance and it will only operate if the option for it is active in the body control module and you have the proper switch. Same with the turn signals.

Reply to
Steve W.