missing and hard brake pedal

I hope someone can help me. I have a 95 chevy blazer last night it started puttering at idle and my brake pedal got real hard had to use both feet to
push it down(hard) to stop the blazer. I check for leaks found none. i can have a good pedal for about 4 or 5 pumps then it gets hard.Ant help would be good.
Look for a vacuum leak.

-
i checked and found none i replaced the check vavle on booster no change
Shep wrote:

The engine miss and the hard brake pedal point to a vacuum leak, get a vacuum gage on it and see what you have.

-
ok i will do that
Shep wrote:

The EGR valve is hanging open on a piece of carbon.
Replace the EGR gasket with one of these;
http://www.tomco-inc.com /
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:05:04 GMT, aarcuda69062

This is the answer. Had it happen on a 94 Jimmy. replaced the valve, problem fixed.
Thank you I will try it .let you know if that works
Mike Levy wrote:

thank you
aarcuda69062 wrote:

Thank you for all your help it was the egr valve. it was stuck open