Mobil one

Hello, I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8. Is it worth the Extra $Money$ to use Mobil One full synthetic oil 5/30 or am I wasting my Money? I have been using Valvaline 5/30 then with my last oil change I used Valvaline DuraLube 5/30 Synthetic blend.

Thanks for the input, Michael

Reply to
Michael

Yes!

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

I'll second that with a resounding YES!

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

How does Amsoil compare?

Thanks.

Reply to
DaveH

Getting ready to find out.

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Reply to
Charles Roberts

Is there a difference between different brands of full synthetic oil? Witch is best? 5/30 Thanks for the input, Michael

Reply to
Michael

Everyone has their own 'Magic Mix' of oil. Mobil is a leader in the market. Am is relatively new, I think, but is making a name for it self rather quickly. It might even stand a chance of knocking Mobil off the throne. It will not be a pretty battle I'm sure.

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

Everyone has their own 'Magic Mix' of oil. Mobil is a leader in the market. Amsoil is relatively new, I think, but is making a name for it self rather quickly. It might even stand a chance of knocking Mobil off the throne. It will not be a pretty battle I'm sure.

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

Amsoil full synthetic oil actually came out (1972) a year before Mobil

Reply to
Charles Roberts

Do you need to use a special oil filter when you use synthetic oil? or can I use a Fram filter? Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael

please buy something other than a fram... they're complete garbage... go to NAPA and buy a NAPA silver filter for about the same money and get a quality filter. while you're at napa I bet you'll find a oil filter display w/ a cutaway of a fram and a NAPA filter... it'll open your eyes.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I was unclear about Amsoils age. Sorry for my mistake. Thanx for the heads-up...

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

Last I heard all major oil filters were produced in Mexico and badged for the various retailers.... I'd say they are all equally good...

Dale P.........

Reply to
Dale Peterson

VERY wrong! Many are made in the USA, some overseas, some across the border.

is a place that is currentlystudying the different filters on the market. While some of them are thesame with different paintjobs and names, some are also different in manyways!

Reply to
Matt Levene (aka Shades)

I've used Amsoil products, and I have actually gone 20,000 miles on extended drains. I think it is good stuff, but I also think Mobil SuperSyn is good too.

Thing is that if you change @ 3,000 miles every time, and your car isn't gonna get exposed to super cold temperatures for ultra-cold starts conventional is probably okay.

Reply to
Daniel Dombos