Mobil one

Hello, I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8. Is it worth the Extra $Money$ to use Mobil One full synthetic oil 5/30 or am I wasting my Money? I have
been using Valvaline 5/30 then with my last oil change I used Valvaline DuraLube 5/30 Synthetic blend.
Thanks for the input, Michael
Yes!

$Money$
have

I'll second that with a resounding YES!
Big Chris
How does Amsoil compare?
Thanks.

$Money$
have
Getting ready to find out. http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/oil-life.html
RJ in WV

"99 Z71, 5.3 , 77,000 miles, Started using mobil 1 Syn at about 50,000 miles. Don't use any oil, but still have short (10-20 seconds) tappet sound on cold start-ups. Gas milage is about the same (15-16 local / 18-19 interstate). Probley won't know till I get another 50,000 + miles on truck if changing to mobil one was worth the money, but I'am sticking with it. I don't change oil till Oil Monitor light comes on (usually around 6,000 miles) Most of my driving is inter-state trips.

$Money$
have
Is there a difference between different brands of full synthetic oil? Witch is best? 5/30 Thanks for the input, Michael

$Money$
have
Everyone has their own 'Magic Mix' of oil. Mobil is a leader in the market. Am is relatively new, I think, but is making a name for it self rather quickly. It might even stand a chance of knocking Mobil off the throne. It will not be a pretty battle I'm sure.

Everyone has their own 'Magic Mix' of oil. Mobil is a leader in the market. Amsoil is relatively new, I think, but is making a name for it self rather quickly. It might even stand a chance of knocking Mobil off the throne. It will not be a pretty battle I'm sure.

Valvaline
Amsoil full synthetic oil actually came out (1972) a year before Mobil 1,(1973 in Europe, 1974 in US). but is a relative new company compared to Mobil . Both suppose to be good, Mobil 1 is more readly available.

I was unclear about Amsoils age. Sorry for my mistake. Thanx for the heads-up...

Extra
I've used Amsoil products, and I have actually gone 20,000 miles on extended drains. I think it is good stuff, but I also think Mobil SuperSyn is good too.
Thing is that if you change @ 3,000 miles every time, and your car isn't gonna get exposed to super cold temperatures for ultra-cold starts conventional is probably okay.
Do you need to use a special oil filter when you use synthetic oil? or can I use a Fram filter? Thanks, Michael

$Money$
have
On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:30:06 -0800, "Michael"

please buy something other than a fram... they're complete garbage... go to NAPA and buy a NAPA silver filter for about the same money and get a quality filter. while you're at napa I bet you'll find a oil filter display w/ a cutaway of a fram and a NAPA filter... it'll open your eyes.
-Bret

Last I heard all major oil filters were produced in Mexico and badged for the various retailers.... I'd say they are all equally good...
Dale P.........

Valvaline
VERY wrong! Many are made in the USA, some overseas, some across the border. http://minimopar.net/oilfilterstudy.html is a place that is currently studying the different filters on the market. While some of them are the same with different paintjobs and names, some are also different in many ways!

Extra