Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at the gas pump

Page 2 of 5

Define "American". Fact is,many "foreign" autos have more US content than many "domestic" autos.Many "domestic" autos are actually made in Canada and Mexico(but allowed to be considered "domestic"),both FOREIGN countries where American workers are not being paid salaries that get spent IN America. OTOH,most Hondas have a very high US content,other "foreign" automakers build their cars and trucks right here in the US,paying US workers who spend their money here in the US.
And US buyers get better autos by buying such "foreign" cars. US autos and light trucks have been shoddy for many years.For many years,they were far behind in quality,fuel mileage,emissions,used OLD technology.
and then did US auto companies COMPETE and make their cars better? No,they tried to block out the "foreign" autos and still sell us the same old crap. Only after that failing and them taking a BEATING in the market did they begin to turn things around.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

That would mean becoming acquainted with actual facts. Don't be silly.
get a clue Hal and stop cross-posting, off-topic to groups that don't give a rats ass about your topic.
this is cross-posted back only to locate clueless Hal!
no real need for another of your off-topic, cross-posted, clueless responses Hal.... <plonk>
message

Newsgroups: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette Subject: Re: Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at the gas pump Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 08:45:11 -0700 (PDT) Organization: http://groups.google.com Lines: 108 Message-ID: