Motor Oil

Does anyone know an independent site that tests the different oils on the market? Doug

Reply to
Doug Schwebke

No, but I do recall a few years back some organization testing many different brands of oil...and it all boiled down to if the oil you choose meets the specification for your vehicle, one oil is as good as the other.

I believe the test was done on a fleet of NYC taxi cabs. After driving X miles, the engines were torn down and wear was compared. There were no measureable differences between the engines that ran synthetic oil and petroleum based oils either.

Reply to
Advocate

Thanxs for the info! Doug

Reply to