Mounting New Wheels

What would you folks think it would cost to remove four tires; and mount them and spin em on new wheels? Just got four new wheels and need them
mounted and spun. Just curious as to what it might cost. 25 bucks a tire? Or more do you think?? TIA Rob

$15.00 bucks a wheel in Cincinnati. Call a few tire stores.
$10 a wheel up here in Nova Scotia. That's standard. Most places will do it even cheaper.
wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
10-15 bucks around here in NW Iowa.

wow i thought it would be alot more!! even 60 bucks a tire is pretty good!! Thanks for your help. I'll have to send Michael a picture of my truck for his website after I get them mounted. I have been meaning to submit a photo for some time now.
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

The local shop here in Newfoundland quoted me $50 for 4 tires. I just purchased some aluminum rims for my 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4. I had those cheap rally styled steel rims with the chrome trim that rusted to hell. Is there any precautions associated with mounting my tires on the new aluminum rims? Someone said something about the possibility of the lugs backing off or loosening for the first little while????
On Mon, 09 May 2005 01:12:09 GMT, "Cheryl and Rob"

That was per tire...sorry for the misunderstanding.

yeah i figgered it was for all four.
i always check my lugs once a week to make sure they are tight. especially after rotating them. I would just check them after every 50 miles i guess. That's just me though.... "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

My experience is that the cost depends on where you get the wheel or tires. The local places around me are mad about people getting good deals on wheels and tires off the net and then just having them do the install. I had tire places around here (Vermont) quote $30/tire to change tires over if I bring the tires with me. However if I buy the tires there it was only $12/tire.
Tom
I can understand there getting upset, im not in the business of tires however they make there money on the tires and not labor. So if all there doing is putting tires bought elsewhere on rims then there loosing money.
mudmonkey wrote:

EXCELENT point!!!

Yep....excellent point. On the other hand I was quoted 15 bucks a tire here (Poconos). And this is where I bought the tires a year ago as well. It was 10 a tire but then I told them that they were 35's and they bumped it up 5 bucks. Yeah well I guess it's better than 20 a tire. Now I am off to eBay to find some fender flares.....I think I might need them!!!!! lol....we will see what happens. Thanks guys!!!
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

Stephen Young said

And if they are really backed up with installs from tires sold by them (higher profit), I'm sure they would hesitant to take on tires from someone that bought them elsewhere.
On the other hand, if the shop is not that busy, why not agree to mount the tires and make a buck or two while keeping the workers busy and perhaps gaining a customer for some related work in the future.
Casey