My 1993 chevy 1500 k/c pickup

I've been having trouble with my electric system in my truck for a while. The truck runs fine all the gauges look good until i turn on anything (headlights, turn signals, cab lights, radio, AC, or window wipers). Every gauge stops working the my speedometer start bouncing. I've tested everything i can think of (checked the battery, alternator) I just need just serious help with this please help me

Reply to
james.rivenbark

I've had the same thing on my 93 K1500 Z71, I believe it's in the turn signal, headlight switch assembly that causes it. Mine doesn't do it all the time and it was several hundred to replace so have not fixed it yet.

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat

I would double check all the grounding/bonding straps for rust etc clean as necessary.

Reply to
MikeG

BINGO!! my thoughts exactly. Bad ground somewhere.

Happy hunting!