My Air Conditioner problem

Hi all,

My A.C. was working fine for 4 years .... absolutely flawless... Recently i got it cleaned since a lot of dirt, dust had accumulated. But a strange thing has started to happen.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, A.C. just makes a dangerous noise (not the regular A.C. sound) and the room gets filled with smoke.. indicating something is burning inside. This has happened twice till now.

I've called up the technicians.. but those idiots dont care a damn and it's been 2 days they haven't turned up. Out of curiosity .. i decided to post this question into the forum.

Can anyone tell me what could the problem be?

Waiting eagerly for your replies.

regards Mac

Reply to
Mac

sounds like blower motor bearings are dry it is the only thing that could cause smoke in the duct work

Reply to
jwjahr

you got the wrong message group, but what the heck

Reply to
Adam

Just to be clear, are you sure it is smoke, and not water vapor?

Dave

Reply to
Hairy