mysterious water leak in '97 Tahoe

I have been experiencing a mysterious coolant loss in my '97 Tahoe. I don't know where its coming from, but I know where its not!... Its not from the
water pump radiator hoses in front heater lines heater/radiator head gasket freeze plugs
All I can tell most of the time is that I have to add coolant... once every couple of weeks and that sometimes there is a small puddle of coolant under the left rear of the engine... I have attempted to trace it, but during a pressure test of the system the leak is present, but the maze of hoses and wires on the top of the engine makes it very difficult.
A parts guy at the local GMC dealership said that it could be the intake manifold gasket, since they do sell quite a few of those. Is there anything else in that vicinity that can cause such a leak?
thanks
I just had my intake manifold replaced for about $500. Same syptoms. They had to do it over because the sealant didn't stick good. I leaked coolant for 2 years with never a puddle. Never any in the oil. Then I started to get puddles. Took it in for the pressure check and after the second try, the leaks and puddles were gone.
On 06 Apr 2004 12:34:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comsayno (SCOOTERTRS) wrote:

My 99 had similar symptoms and it was the head gasket. These vortek engines are nutorious for that. The Intake is 2 piece and there is a upper and lower gasket I don't know which one causes the problem.
(SCOOTERTRS)

don't
every
under the

pressure
on the

anything
(SCOOTERTRS)

the
intake

don't
every
under the

pressure
the
anything
It IS the intake manifold gasket. Super common problem with these engines.
Doc
check the intate manifold gasket. the Metal heads and plastic intake manifold combo blows gaskets often.
Please include your original post w/ your response out of courtesy.
Respectfully Posted By; ~KJ~

largely due to the fact that dex-cool SUCKS! ever noticed how many intake/head gaskets fail compared to past years. further evidence is the cheese that is always around the rad cap gaskets. -Pete
Re: mysterious water leak in '97 Tahoe Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Apr 6, 2004, 9:51pm From: n/ snipped-for-privacy@noplace.com (Brian) check the intate manifold gasket. the Metal heads and plastic intake manifold combo blows gaskets often.

The upper plenum is plastic, the part that actually bolts tothe block and heads (lower plenum) is aluminum.
Doc