Need a SERIOUS tow-bar for low coin for a 1990 GMC F/S Jimmy

I just got myself like a 7,000lb hitch from wally world supposed to work in 88-20xx GMC/Chevy trucks, (excluding 4 door). Well I figure I don't have four doors, and a jimmy is basically a bobbed shortbed frame. I mean, you
can put a reg cab truck cab on a blazer no problem.... but it didn't fit, was made for too wide a frame.
Anyone suggest someone who makes a really balsy tow-bar for a 1990 GMC Full-Sized Jimmy (K5 Blazer).
GMC Gremlin
GMC Gremlin, The part numbers for the K5 hitch and the same hitch for the truck are different. I suspect it has something to do with the location of the fuel tank. Here is a little hint I used to bolt up the hitch on my 87' K5. I balanced the hitch on a pair of jack stands and used two alignment bars to locate the hitch where I wanted it. Then I taped one of the bolts to a piece of SS tig rod and worked it back through the channel to the bolt hole and let it drop down into the hole. I left the tape on until I had a nut on and just snugged up, then just pulled the tig rod back out of the channel. Worked like a charm. Good luck, JR
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

-- Best Regards Gordie
Whatever you want to call it, I'm always told them interchangeably. It's da doohikky that attaches to the frame and then you hook trailers too it.
GMC Gremlin
"The Nolalu Barn Owl" <&#103&#111&#114&#100&#105&#101&#64&#110&#111&#108&#97&#108&#117&#46&#111&#1 10&#46&#99&#97> wrote in message

That would be a trailer hitch... a tow bar hooks to the front bumper to allow your vehicle to be towed by something else. you need to look for a hitch that'll work with a '73-87 truck, as that is what your truck is derived from, not a 88-98.
-Bret

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize that with the body swap came a frame change. I look like a larger moron every day.
GMC Gremlin

Reminds me of a child's riddle, 2 morons were going up a narrow mountain trail, a big moron and a little moron, One of them fell off , which one? The big moron, because the little moron was a little more on.
Whitelightning
Whitelightning wrote:

childhood. Aaauugghhhh!!!