need advice on suspension lift.

Hi, I'm looking at installing a 2" suspension lift to my 90 k1500. Looking at the block and torsion bar indexing key type kit. Being that I've never touched a torsion bar setup before, I'm just a bit apprehensive about doing this myself. Has anyone done this and is it a major task? What are the common mistakes made etc. I have done mostly all of my own mechanical work (motors, trans etc) and have access to most any tool I would need. Just would like some advice before I committ to this. I know the easiest way would be to take to a spring shop and let them do it, but I want to do it myself. I know it will need a trip to the alignment shop afterwards, but what else should I be concearned about?

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks, Chris

Reply to
Chris M

I advise against these types of lifts because it places front supension at of near top limit of travel and it runs the front CV's at a steeper angle and it will shorten their life. If you realy want to lift it spend the coin to do it correctly with a kits the lowers the control arms and diferentail so that suspesion travel is maintained and CV angles are kept reasonable when lifting the vehicle.

SnoMan