need an abs expert

The kelsey hayes ABS on my S10 died. Dealer says pumpmotor circuit is shorted. Having not much to loose since a new BVPM costs $1600 (I think not), I took it apart to the point where I could manually push in the pump motor relay. No go, even though I can unplug the pump and make it go from the battery. I would suspect the pump motor relay except for a third wire that goes back to the vcm which gets energized when the relay gets pushed sorta saying the contact is ok. Whats the third wire for? It's labeled ABS voltage in the manual.

Reply to
jmagerl