NEED HELP DIAGNOSING/FIXING S-10 ENGINE PROBLEM.

I OWN A 1997 CHEV. S-10 ZR-2 WITH A 4.3 V-6 (85K MILES). FOR THE LAST

3 YEARS OR MORE I HAVE NOTICED A PROBLEM WITH HESITATION AT LOWER SPEEDS UPON LIGHT ACCELLERATION. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO OCCUR MORE WHEN IT IS COLD OUTSIDE (LIVE IN MICHIGAN) AND WHEN THE WEATHER IS DAMP/RAINY/FOGGY. THE PROBLEM ALSO SEEMS TO GO AWAY SLIGHTLY WHEN THE TRUCK HAS WARMED UP. MORE RECENTLY THE COIL WENT OUT, I THOUGHT REPLACING IT WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM I HAVE, ONLY NOW THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" LIGHT OCASSIONLY COMES ON. TRIED DIAGNOSIING IT WITH A COMPUTER TO NO AVAIL. I BELIEVE IT IS SOME SORT OF SENSOR PROBLEM, WHICH ONE IS BEYOND ME, AND DON?T WANT TO SPEND A FORTUNE HAVING A GM DEALER FIX ONLY TO FIND OUT IT WAS A $50 PART. ANY IDEAS? NEW FUEL FILTER AND CAT. CONVERTER IS OK.
Reply to
bushpig

put some injection cleaner in the GAS TANK..

bushpig wrote:

Reply to
no one

Relative to the "Service Engine Soon" light, I had the same problem with my '95 C1500 (4.3 liter). No hesitation, but often got the light when we had cool damp weather. From the time it had 50,000 miles through 100,000 miles when I traded it, cool damp weather seemed to affect something. Had it into the Chevy dealership twice and they were never able to get a code from the computer (luckily they didn't charge me since the truck wouldn't spit out an error code). Just learned to live with it.

"bushpig" wrote in message news:42211a46$1 snipped-for-privacy@alt.athenanews.com...

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Wally Korzenieski

STOP YELLING AT US...........

Reply to
Mad Dog