Need help replacing windshield washer pump

I have a '96 1500K and the washer pump has died. I can measure voltage at the connector going to the motor, and I get an open reading when checking the motor windings. Problem is that I can't get the reservoir out to get at
the pump motor. I can get the storage box out and loosen the fill pipe and the screw on the top of the reservoir, but when I try to lift it out, it hangs up on something underneath.
What's the trick? I'm getting desperate as bad weather is starting to move in.
Thanks
Take out the turn signal housing and remove the one screw that holds the grill to the radiator support.