Need help with ABS problem

My fiancee has a '01 Blazer, recently thew ABS system is faulting somehow. While driving and coming to a stop, once I pess the brake pedal, there is a very loud grinding or banging noise, as the vehicle stops the peddle pushes back toward me. sometimes at this point the brakes dont engage or engage very sluggishly. I gave replaced all the pads and still the problem exists. if I disengage the ABS system by unpluging the wire harness on the unit, the car brakes fine. Any Ideas on fix and on cost? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bluefiero

Probably a front wheel speed sensor, 1 or both are bad.....

2000 Silverado sized sensor item cost $62 wholesale each or $110 GM retail each...

Plus labor......

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

I got a recall notice for mine ('00 Silverado)... I would check with a dealer for recalls, first. David

Reply to
David Courtney

IIRC they recalled back to 99. Not sure which models though.

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! snipped-for-privacy@charter.net Remove the x for e-mail reply Amateur radio enthusiast, N9JBF Bass fishing Aficionado!

A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Reply to
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybea