Need help with an S-10 blazer (not 4wd)

Need help with an S-10 blazer (not 4wd) Sorry about not being 4wd related but is the only Chevy ng that I can access. Any help would be appreciated.
'94 Blazer 4.3L 6 cyl R-134
If we disconnect the compressor pressure switch there is a bleed down noise that was not there before.
Also there is an intermittent whining noise (a bearing I think) when the compressor is engaged.
The problem is the unit cools then does not cool the problem does not seem to be related to compressor clutch engagement.
Any idea would be appreciated
TIA

The only specific thing that comes to mind is that there is so much moisture inside the system that it's freezing and blocking proper operation of the expansion device, most likely an orifice tube.

Maybe the accumulator could be removed and drained or replaced; they cost about $22 or so.
--
"Your 'right' to drive doesn't supercede my right to have unpolluted air." --
erschroedinger
Ashton Crusher wrote:

94 S Blazer should be R-12, so this one has been converted if it's R-134A.
Wonder if the conversion was done correctly??
--
Steve W.

One owner, factory ordered with R134A. (saw that one coming ...)
Truck has near 340K on the clock. Still ticking but getting a bit long in the tooth.
NotMe wrote:

Huh, Never seen a 94 S/T Blazer with factory 134A. Was it a dealer item? I know the system will work OK with it as I have converted a few myself without a problem.
What sort of pressures are you seeing in the system? Has it ever been opened?
--
Steve W.

Factory installed/special order item. BTW it's a '95 (button pushing error on my end)
Evacuated and opened the system. changed the dryer and a few other parts and recharged.
No difference in performance.
And then noticed the radiator fan clutch was intermittent. Changed that out and seems to be working fine. Hard to tell as the highs today were ~ 80F (not the 104F we've had for a time.
Will repost the results after a few hard (100F+) days of running.
NotMe wrote:

OK 95 makes it a 134A vehicle anyway. The fan shouldn't make a difference with the A/C but if it's working now....
--
Steve W.

I'm talking about the radiator fan. Insufficient air over the condenser and cooling will be reduced. In this case get up to highway speed and the system works. Poke along in traffic and not cool (in both senses of the word)
Still cool. Thanks for the responce and input much appreciated.
NotMe wrote:

The speed difference was what was missing. Glad you have it straightened out.
--
Steve W.

I'm happy that we found the problems and hope that by posting the result might help others as we have been helped with some really odd problems.

Damn few people do the conversion properly. The R-12 system must be pumped out with special equipment to remove the lubricants. Some times when the conversion is done, the system ends up with far too much lubricant and not enough refrigerant.
--
"What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we
live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -- Douglas Adams