Need some tech support

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a 99 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 Sportside. I need some help. I recently purchased some white faced gauges for my dash. The instructions that have come with are not of any help. I am wondering how do the gauge needles come off. I know that they need to be marked prior to removal, just not sure how they come off. If anyone can be of assistance I would appreciate it.

Thanks

lilfoot

Reply to
craig carpenter

Normally those covers come with a little plastic tool to remove the gages. You should be able to use a fork I guess and stick it under the needle and carefully pull up. As for marking the gauge before moving the Needles, remember your removing the old gauge cover so marking that won't do you any good. You need to write it all down on some paper. Also if you start the job while the truck is hot, and then pop the needles back on when the truck is cold, the temp gauge will end up being off. Same with the truck power is on at one point and off the next. I don't know what crappy thing you bought. The instruction should be more clear and you should of had the cheap little plastic tool to remove the needles.

Reply to
JBDragon

No tool but a fork should work. The instructions seem to be for older vehicles. It talks about removing screws. . . Anyway thanks for the advise. I will let you know how it went.

Thanks again

lilfoot

Reply to
craig carpenter

If it ain't broke why "fix" it????

Over the decades I have seen people cause more problems for themselves by altering what was working than having what was working break down.

Reply to
Obbop