need to replace battery on equinox

I need to replace the battery in a chevy Equinox 2006 model I think, where is it and how do I get to it.... THis car broke down so I will be doing it in a parking lot....... please be explicit with your instructions.... thanks

Reply to
don

Hmmm...."chevy equinox battery location" put in Google...#1 hit...

Augustus

Unless they moved it, it is under the hood. Drivers side just behind the radiator support. There is a plastic cover over it that you need to remove first.

I had a newer Equinox die in a parking lot, it was dead, no power anywhere. The owner had called for a tow. I asked if I could take a look. Popped the cover off and discovered the problem instantly. The negative battery cable had come off the terminal. This was on a NEW car. I figure that the cable had been removed for one of the open hood deals and when it was bought they didn't connect the cable and tighten it down.

Reply to
Steve W.