need to replace battery on equinox

I need to replace the battery in a chevy Equinox 2006 model I think, where is it and how do I get to it.... THis car broke down so I will be doing it in a parking lot....... please be
explicit with your instructions.... thanks

Hmmm...."chevy equinox battery location" put in Google...#1 hit... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_battery_on_a_2005_Chevrolet_Equinox
don wrote:

Unless they moved it, it is under the hood. Drivers side just behind the radiator support. There is a plastic cover over it that you need to remove first.
I had a newer Equinox die in a parking lot, it was dead, no power anywhere. The owner had called for a tow. I asked if I could take a look. Popped the cover off and discovered the problem instantly. The negative battery cable had come off the terminal. This was on a NEW car. I figure that the cable had been removed for one of the open hood deals and when it was bought they didn't connect the cable and tighten it down.
--
Steve W.