NEGATIVE POST KEEP BURNING UP BATTERY POST

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ON MY CHEVY VAN (ITS A DIESEL) AND MY VAN KEEP BURN THE NEGATIVE POST ON TWO BATTERY CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE CAUSE.

I'd suspect the voltage regulator (Alternator internal )

Why? Please explain this??
On GM vehicles with the side terminal battery, acid leaking past the bolt causes all kinds of problems. Starts with overtightining the bolt or using a bolt that's too long.
Al

I know that, but I assumed he meant burning as in electrical or overcharging related and not acid / corrosion related

If I read this right I as ground connection on number two battery failing I would check both connections on number one battery too because number to is carrying more current than normal. When connection fail ike this it is because of a poor connection or to much current for connection durring start cycles, not because of a alternator. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com