New 2500HD 6.0 owner

Hi, I'm new to the group & my '03 EXT. Cab 2500hd is new to me. I am questioning the "12,000 mi. or once a year" oil change as I'm sure many are.
I changed the oil in my '99 1500 Silverado when the change oil indicator told me too, sold the truck w/122000 miles it ran great, oh yeah, it was the 5.3L engine. I am sure there is great debate, BUT I am thinking about running Syn. oil in this truck, PRO'S/CON's??
Any forum's specific to the Heavy duty trucks you all can point me to?
Any cheap hop up's for this truck? Specifically GAS M ILEAGE this 400 is killin' me! I'll be here lurking, Thanks, JOE

Joe...What are you referring to when you say 400??? Your 6.0 litre engine is a 364ci, not a 400 and mine('03 2500HD) is also a gas guzzler if it helps ease your pain. You have to sacrifice the milage for the power and torque.!! Good luck with your new truck.
GM-Trucks.com. All of the information you need at the stroke of a key.
Have a great one!
Bush Senior Moderator