New emmisions thread maybe...

My '91 Sierra Ext. Cab Short Bed 4x4 Automatic (350 TBI) has just turned 162,000 on the clock. New stock 350 is at the mechanics shop.
I am putting Edelbrocks Multi Point Fuel Injector on it. Edelbrocks
catalogue shows the manifold with the EGR valve installed, my guess is that because the company is in California, which has the most strictest auto emissions laws, they have to pictured it installed.
This truck is registered in the state of Florida (Collier County) which has no safety or emissions tests at all.
Taking the ram tube off of the fender, and installing a stock 14" round, 3" high air filter, BUT keeping the PCV valve and EGR valve. BTW the catalytic converter is coming off too. Installing Edelbrocks shorty headers with a Flowmaster 3" in/dual 2 1/2" out muffler My ? is this, by leaving the EGR valve and PCV valve installed on the manifold and valve cover am I going to see ANY improvement in HP or Torque? Or is this just a waste of money. I need the new block anyway.
Thanx Pindar

Edelbrocks MPFI system is 50-state legal.

Save your money on the shorty headers and get a set of full length headers. Shorties aren't worth a poop on trucks.

PCV isn't an option, it's a necessity unless you run breathers on both valve covers to let the crankcase ventilate. Either way the HP output will be the same. EGR has little to no effect on HP, it won't make a difference either way.
Doc
Doc:
I thought about changing the shorties to full length before I posted.
You have convinced me. Edelbrocks full length headers are now on order.
Thanx Pindar