New Engine with a tappet noise when cold

I have about 3500 miles on my newly rebuilt Chevy 350 and now have a small tappet noise when the engine is cold. The noise goes away after warm up. A friend said I might have gotten some dirt or assembly lobe
lock into the lifter and an Engine Oil Treatment would work. Any comments on which Oil treatment I should use. Thanks Byron Taradena Tucson AZ

If it was either of those things it probably wouldn't go away when the engine warms up as dirt is dirt, be it hot or cold. You're looking more at a clearance problem, where something has excessive clearance when cold, but once it heats up and expands it's fine and dandy. Probably a wrist pin..................
Doc