NEW Fuel Price Survey

Page 1 of 2
I live in Indiana and the fuel prices here are starting to climb, the 27th Regular Unleaded was 2.48, today it is up to 2.79 for regular.

stsill $1.10 cheaper than what I pay up here in Nova Scotia, Canada. It works out to be roughly $3.99/gallon for what you would pay after conversions

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm

I heard on the radio just now to expect average gas prices to reace $3.05 today.
3.29 overnite Upstate NY!!

-
And its sickening that in Venezuela the gas price is near .04 cents a gallon in US currency. Just seen that on CNN last night. What's wrong with this picture?
Doug

Well, Venezuela is a very special case. They produce their own, and have a government policy that gas should be inexpensive. (It's more than what you quote, I believe, but extremely cheap nevertheless.)
In the USA, you're paying the price of the gas plus a very limited tax, whereas in Europe, we pay taxes that attempt to match the cost to our communities of the pollution we cause by burning it. Thus, our gas prices are now well over $6 per gallon. In other words, your gas, at $3/g, is cheap. Too cheap, from a conservational point of view.
-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.

Well, the US dollar isn't worth there, what it is here either. I know that in the UK (Australia in particular) for example that the American dollar is worth about 1/2 there. So $3.00 here is like $6.00 dollars there. Very roughly might I add, but close...
Also, take into consideration that you adjust over a period of time, we have NEVER experienced anything like this.... Would you sit up straight if all of a sudden, your gas jumped up to $12.00 a gallon or Liter??
Anyway,
Fort Wayne, IN.
$3.19 87 $3.27 89 $3.32 92
Doug

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:12:03 +0000, Doug wrote:

Well, the Venezuelan government controls petroleum production, refining, distributing, and retail sale of gasoline. And that same government wishes to keep domestic gasoline artificially cheap as a sop to the public. It's about politics, not economics.
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copn, Honduras
"Doug" wrote:

They produce the oil and sell it and the proceed subsidize it for interanl consumption. No surprize here. When you import 60% of what you need (and growing) and when you have less than 5% of the worlds population using about 30 to 35% of the oil used daily in the world do you honestly expect to pay 4 cents a gallon for it too (or even a buck for it). We are using nearly 25 million barrels of oil a day!!! Do you know how big a "pile" that is daily?
I don't care what the politics are, or where your at, that's a low price!
Doug

Mena, Arkansas 2.79 9/10 Reg 2.95 9/10 Super Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggg

Per Adam F.:

Yesterday I filled up with 87 for $2.90/gallon.
Southeastern Penna.
--
PeteCresswell

Dayton Ohio: 87 3.09 89 3.19 92 3.29
Prices skyrocketed as of yesterday Marion, Indiana 3.19 87 3.29 89 3.39 92

it's $3.69, 3.79, and 3.89 here in southern Maine, it was $2.89 YESTERDAY!!
Daily Fuel Gauge Report http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/sbsavg.asp

Those prices are unreliable source of information, it says the current price in Indiana is 2.69, I got news I live near an interstate and the stations are at 3.25/gal for 87 the ones in town are 3.19/gal for 87.

Sounds like the same thing here, Gas went to 3.19 - 3.39 and some stations are out of gas from the 2.48 prices tuesday

Rapid City, SD
Premium:: $3.19 Super : $2.99 Regular: $2.89