New tire for 92 S10

I have used Michelin LTX tires in the past and love them. However, I cannot afford such nice tires this go around. What is the best place to get tires
for around $75 each?
I need the best tire I can get for that price and am willing to order online.
Thanks,!
Lannie
I like the Futura Dakota tires on my S-10 ZR2. They've handled snow nicely, even with no weight in the bed. Wet traction is also good, I dare say the wet and snow traction is BETTER than the BFG All Terrain T/A KOs on my old truck. You don't say what size you have, but the one I have (Futura Dakota RVT) is $78 for a 30x9.5" tire. That's about 1" taller than the 235/75/15 that was on my 94 Jimmy. The RVT is only had in American inch measurements, looks like the LT model is only had in Metric, but my guess is that they have the same or a very similar tread pattern. 235/75/15 is also $78 each.
Oh yeah, this is Pep Boys' house brand, but I hear rumors that it's made by BFG, and you can see similarities in the tread pattern. Also made in the USA. However, I think the siping in the tread blocks, something the BFGs did NOT have (didn't have as much of it anyway), helps with the wet traction immensely.

Go here, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/index.jsp they have great prices and the shipping is reasonable. I usually have the GM dealer install the tires and align the front end. They don't mind as they aren't in the tire business.
nospam

cannot
tires
I just looked at that site. I think I will buy from there. The part I loved about the Michelin's is the SIPE's went all the way down the tread whereas most other tires the SIPE's only go down about 1/4 inch.
Thanks!!
Lannie
PS Mike...I want P235/75/R15's

Lannie, I had a nice long reply typed out and then my computer locked up. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you were from my neck of the woods, near Albany, NY, if you want to see these tires before making a final decision let me know, we might be able to work out a meet-up to do that. I know they're right in the price range you specified, Not sure how the size you'd want compares to my tires, they're listed seperately, looks like it's a speed/load rating difference, not sure about tread design..

Actually I live in Central Iowa just south of Des Moines in a small town called Winterset. (Bridges of Madison County?? Lame movie)
I drive 99% highway about 75mph every day. I drive a minimum of 75 miles a day also. The only four wheeling is when I go hunting on occasion and when we get snow storms.
Lannie
PS The reviews state this is a fairly quiet tire also and I want that since the S10 isn't the quietest ride to begin with. :)

can i ask a dumb question here, or if not dumb, jut the question, what is SIPES? thanks
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 07:11:23 -0400, red_z snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Charles H.) wrote:

sipes are the small cuts in the tread blocks to drastically increase foul weather traction (especially Ice and snow) by increasing the gripping edges.
sipes going completely through the tread block aren't necessarily a good thing, if they're too deep they can cause some pretty nasty tread squirm.
-Bret
thanks, i never heard of that, then again i am not a car tech person, BUT thanks for explaining that to me, ya learn something new everyday