New tire for 92 S10

I have used Michelin LTX tires in the past and love them. However, I cannot afford such nice tires this go around. What is the best place to get tires for around $75 each?

I need the best tire I can get for that price and am willing to order online.

Thanks,!

Lannie

Reply to
LS

I like the Futura Dakota tires on my S-10 ZR2. They've handled snow nicely, even with no weight in the bed. Wet traction is also good, I dare say the wet and snow traction is BETTER than the BFG All Terrain T/A KOs on my old truck. You don't say what size you have, but the one I have (Futura Dakota RVT) is $78 for a 30x9.5" tire. That's about 1" taller than the 235/75/15 that was on my 94 Jimmy. The RVT is only had in American inch measurements, looks like the LT model is only had in Metric, but my guess is that they have the same or a very similar tread pattern. 235/75/15 is also $78 each.

Oh yeah, this is Pep Boys' house brand, but I hear rumors that it's made by BFG, and you can see similarities >I have used Michelin LTX tires in the past and love them. However, I cannot

Reply to
Mike Levy

Go here,

they have great prices andthe shipping is reasonable. I usually have the GM dealer install the tiresand align the front end. They don't mind as they aren't in the tirebusiness.

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

I just looked at that site. I think I will buy from there. The part I loved about the Michelin's is the SIPE's went all the way down the tread whereas most other tires the SIPE's only go down about 1/4 inch.

Thanks!!

Lannie

PS Mike...I want P235/75/R15's

Reply to
LS

Reply to
Mike Levy

can i ask a dumb question here, or if not dumb, jut the question, what is SIPES? thanks

Reply to
Charles H.

sipes are the small cuts in the tread blocks to drastically increase foul weather traction (especially Ice and snow) by increasing the gripping edges.

sipes going completely through the tread block aren't necessarily a good thing, if they're too deep they can cause some pretty nasty tread squirm.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

thanks, i never heard of that, then again i am not a car tech person, BUT thanks for explaining that to me, ya learn something new everyday

Reply to
Charles H.

Actually I live in Central Iowa just south of Des Moines in a small town called Winterset. (Bridges of Madison County?? Lame movie)

I drive 99% highway about 75mph every day. I drive a minimum of 75 miles a day also. The only four wheeling is when I go hunting on occasion and when we get snow storms.

Lannie

PS The reviews state this is a fairly quiet tire also and I want that since the S10 isn't the quietest ride to begin with. :)

Reply to
LS