New to Group

Good Day All,

I purchased a 2003 Silverado 1500HD Crewcab with the Quadra-Steer option last year. I want to know if there are any readers that have the quada-steer option on their truck. If so, I'm looking for any issues / service bullletins etc... any and all responses are greatly appreciated.....Mo

Reply to
Mo

here is a list of bulletins // to many to put in e mail

if you want copies give me the number and i will send it to you

paul

Bulletins/Campaigns/Preliminary Information 1.. #PIT3450 2002-2005 Chevrolet/GMC Full Size Truck Utilities with Quadrasteer (NYS) Rear Wheel Steering Stays Turned Dog Track - (Feb 18,

2005) 2.. #PIT3057D 03 - 05 Chevrolet/GMC Full Size Trucks/Utilities with Quadrasteer (NYS) Service 4 Wheel Steer Message with DTC C0455 - kw light inoperative code communication module information control data rear - (Feb 7, 2005) 3.. #05-02-118-001 Advance Service Info - Quadrasteer Intermittent Service 4-Wheel Steer Message (No Fix At This Time) - (Jan 20, 2005) 4.. #PIT3157 02-05 Chevrolet/GMC Full Size Truck/Utilities with Quadrasteer (NYS) Excessive Tire Spin Setting DTC C0543 - kw AWD code communication information control data diagnostics DTC electrical GMT800 GMT830 - (Sep 10, 2004) 5.. #PI01871 Service VME - Service Four Wheel Steer Message and or LEDs in Mode Switch Will Be Illuminated - kw Quadrasteer light inoperative service NYS code communication module control data diagnostics rear - (Mar 11, 2004) 6.. #PI01736 Service 4 Wheel Steer Message with DTC C0455 - Quadrasteer light MIL inoperative lamp steering message NYS code communication module information control data diagnostics rear GMT800 GMT830 - (Feb 16, 2004) 7.. #PI01567 Quadrasteer Service Update - kw AWD C0550 C0522 C0532 C0455 code communication control data diagnostics electrical module NYS operation performance rear steering - (Dec 9, 2003) 8.. #PI00537C Quadrasteer Parts Restriction - Available Parts - kw AWD diagnostics NYS OVN part performance policy rear steering wheel - (Nov 12, 2003)

Reply to
Paul P

Much thanks Paul,

I had posted in Alt. trucks.chevy looking for someone who has this option, and has had this particular message pop up on the on-board message system. My local Dealer (a little while back)tried to sell me some unnecessary work on my truck, so I'm hoping to identify this myself and can therfore make an educated decision on where to fix it - assuming that it needs to be serviced/repairs.

The Delphi Quadra-steer(R) system was only offered from 2002-2005 this option (in Canada) was initally $9995 cdn and then reduced to $1995 cdn in 2005 My truck was sticker priced at $ 57K in 2003. I bought it in early Jan 2006 for much less than half of the original price. The quadra-steer (and maybe the leather seats, 6 cd in-dash Bose stereo, and all the other bells 'n' whistles) sold me on the truck.

Sorry, I went on a little lateral there....I'm just looking for any insight that I can get.

p.s. The message has not returned in about a week now....

Reply to
Mo