New trick for an old dog

Hey all I got to share a trick I learned last nite. I had to pull the distributor on a 4.3 v6. I marked the distributor and the block before removing it. I then marked the distributor where the rotor pointed after I
pulled the dist. out. When I went to install the distributor it would not seat all the way. The oil pump shaft was not lining up with the dist shaft. Instead of reaching in the dist hole to move the oi pump shaft with a screw driver, I left the dist. in place and turned the crank shaft. after about a quarter turn the dist. dropped in place. Just wanted to share this trick. I never heard of it before and thought it was pretty cool.
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:40:24 -0500, seeray wrote:

So how is your marks? Where's the rotor pointed when you bring #1 up?
right where its suposed to be

The
reaching in

the
it
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:09:26 -0500, seeray wrote:

seeray, thank you for sharing that. If/when I have to deal with that point I hope I remember to give that a try.
That was really new in 1948. john

in

The
reaching
the
it
I have to admit that it would work, and I have not heard it yet, Will have to keep it in mind. Cam

after
the
thought