New Trick - Stubborn Exhaust Manifolds

Tool catalogs are usually free for the asking, make interesting reading (won't say where) and serve to get the creative juices flowing when one needs to make a special tool in a pinch.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

- and I believe I am getting that old motor, eh? ;)

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

Good to know. will track down the Snap-On man tomorrow, as I need to put a new manifold on my rig soon.

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

doo-hickey?

Nope, all I've got is a small shop with a couple techs besides myself. Most of the time that's more than enough.... lol. Bob

Reply to
Bob

A "new" manifold will bolt up without the use of any special tools since it won't have warped yet. Bob

Reply to
Bob

OK, then we'll use the proper word: "salvage" 8)

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

I hope my manifold goes on again easy...

2.8TD 4JB1-T Isuzu.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

As soon as I get the new one in there and make sure it doesn't grenade after the first 500 miles she's yours.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Good deal. No rush, no worries.

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

Uncle Sam greased me up and bent me over this year (tax cuts my ass!) so the rebuild fund is being mailed to Atlanta April 15th. ;-(

Hopefully I'll be able to take on a few side jobs and get the pieces parts I need to still be able to do it.

Doc

message

Reply to
"Doc"

Yeah, GW's tax cut cost me about an xtra grand, this year. What a farce. H

Reply to
Hairy

message

HE and Haliburton Execs are presumably paying less... I don't buy their probpraganda that cutting taxes and spending more is good for the economy... From an ouside perspective, the NZD (my dollar) has stayed about 3 pence steady to the GBP sterling and about .08 EUR to the Euro... (what is the deciaml of the euro called? centime? Franc?) and likewise steady to other main international currency... this while the USD plummets down 20c to the NSD.

Only since Bush stated his "Tax cut and spending" plan and the Iraqi invasion...

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

Lisle already has it covered... Sorry

Reply to
Steve W.

I still think my idea is faster.........and it's certainly cheaper.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I was thinking about it - that tool is just for small blocks. Yours is SB BB compatible?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

"KJ" wrote

That tool is not necessary for the big block manifolds as they don't have the small block "w" configuration that tends to warp so badly. I have seen big block manifolds that have warped, usually they end up shearing the end bolts right off. In that case, a new manifold is usually in order.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai