new truck lessons learned

In 01 I purchased a new 4x4 Silverado 1.I had the bed lined with rhino liner 2. Added a tailgate seal and tonno cover . 3. Still up in the air as to rustproofing . Not done
still not sure of value. Had cars both ways didn't see any difference in rust problem. 4. Took my digital camera and took pictures of all the id tags engine tranny glove box door tags ect . I could find on the truck and made a Excel sheet to keep track of my truck maintenance. But one thing I regret I didn't do was to put Die Electric grease on the plug boots. I cant get the darn thing off now Does anyone else have suggestions to someone who just purchased a new vehicle ?
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 06:51:37 -0500, "Larry and a Cat named Dub"

Yes, if you are so inclined, remove the shock bolts, lube them completley with grease or gear oil and replace them.It will make life a lot easier when you go to change them at a later date if you live in a salt belt area. Also I ALWAYS change axle lube within first 1000 miles or so on a new truck to remove breaking grit and before any towing too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Plug boots, Spark plug boots? Was the engine cold when you tried?
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"Larry and a Cat named Dub" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Cold and hot both

I usually try to peel the boot off the plug. A twist here and there, they eventually come off.
Cheers
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:51:58 GMT, "Martin Riddle"

Oh yes, I loose/remove the 4x4 decal on rear side of bed shortly after I get one because I think they look kinda silly anyway and I do not need to be anal and advertise I have a 4x4 because a truck is just a tool to me anyway. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Haven't you ever been tempted to put 4x6 on the back just to play with some heads?

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:53:03 -0500, "Larry and a Cat named Dub"

Not my game. I have been owning and driving them for well over 35 years now and around them since I can remember.(My grandfather always had a willys jeep of some kind around and use to push snow with it too) My own first one was a 67 chevy p/u with a 283, 3 on the tree and 4x4. Back then they were REALLY hard to find and it could take months to order one and then maybe get it. Today it is like some kinda brag badge for some to have a 4x4 symbol on their truck. Kinda like the Z71 decal too. There was only one "Z" car that rated having its number on it and that was the original and rare Z28. The whole Z thing has gone down hill and been over played since then and kinda a dime a dozen item now along with 4x4 decals. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

16

Heh Heh.... you know he's scratching his pin-shaped head right about now.
Toyota MDT in MO
On another topic, do you think Snowy's 5th grade teacher would approve of his abundant use of ands, buts and becauses for the sole purpose of avoiding punctuation?
In article

You're the only one who got it!!

I wanna know how you "loose" a decal.

Let's just say I have an affinity for "square numbers". <-- nerd alert!

In the japmanuals I read every day, this is a legitimate verb. To them it means "to loosen". I figure that if Americans can use the word "torque" to mean "apply the prescribed torque to", then certainly both improperly funded Japanese to American translation operations - and- an idiot on usenet are free to use the word "loose" as a verb.
Toyota MDT in MO
In article

That brings back memories of when the NUMMI Nova came out...
The FSMs were horrible.
The FSM for our 85 Tercel wagon was pretty bad also. Not a single mention on servicing the HVAC like R & R of the heater core.

SnoJerk