Newbie, needs help with G30 Motor Mounts 93 Chev 6.2L v8

Folks, just found this group and am hoping someone has BTDT.
I am having trouble trying to raise the motor to change the mounts. The documentation I have says not to raise it by the pan, which is what
I have done with some other cars.
All thoughts appreciated.
Doug Quance

If you can't raise it by lifting it from below via the oil pan, you'll have to use a motor hoist and lift it from above.
Doug wrote:

I don't remember what kind of access there is on that model/motor, but I've always lifted engines by jacking up on the harmonic balancer. The older trucks usually allowed you a free run at the balancer.
Ian
I have put blocks of wood against the block where the oil pan bolts to. Build up a platform, and lift from below.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"Doug" < snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca> wrote in message
Bill seems to have the best answer.I know we jacked the older cars with the oil pan.My 4.3 engine the oil pickup screen sits real close to the bottom and if you bent the pan against it,you could reduce the oil flow.As far as the Harmonic Balancer.bad idea..It's called a Balancer for a good reason..you don't want to mess the balancer up.
bobby swift wrote:

I don't know what to say! Other then I certainly hope you don't fix cars for a living!
Ian
harmonic balancer?
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"shiden_kai" < snipped-for-privacy@hotma1l.com> wrote in message
I don't fix cars for a living.I never had to take my car to a mechanic either and never will.I stay away from people who think they know everything about vehicles..I ask if I don't know...and if it seem like it may be from a know it all I wouldn't use their advise.

Hmmmm.. ya might want to do yourself a favor and follow what Ian tells ya.
bobby swift wrote:

Whew! Thank goodness! Hate to see you screwing up other folks vehicles from lack of knowledge.
Ian
Bill wrote:

Bill: Sounds like the best plan, thanks for the idea. I cant even see how one would remove the engine on this beast, without dropping it out the bottom with the complete front suspension. Hope I never have to find out. :-)
Doug

The grill comes out, pull the ac condenser, pull the radiator and then the top part of the core support comes out(two bolts on each side), then its a clean shot lol. Ahh the joys of working on Vans and Motorhomes. Be damn careful with the blocks of wood against the oil pan rails, no soft ass pine here, because it can split, its bad enough the blocks can kick out and the engine drop, woe to the fingers if that happens and they are in the wrong place. Better to make a "saddle" with front and back" lips" that replaces the jack foot and lift by the balancer, especially if your working on your back, and not on a lift.
Whitelightning